Related manufacturers:BUSINESS CARS, COMPANY VEHICLES, Crossover, ENVIRONMENT, Events, Executive , Family , Family Compact , Fleet, Ford, Fuel Economy, Green Issues, Hatchback, Hothatch, New Models, Performance, Prestige, Promotions, Sports, SUV, Technology
"Our all-new Ford Focus is the pinnacle of technology and driving appeal in its segment" ^...
- Designed from a clean sheet of paper, the all-new Ford Focus ushers in a new era for technology, comfort, space and driving experience for Europe’s mid-size car customers. New “human-centric” design for expanded line-up includes first Focus Active crossover and upscale Focus Vignale
- New Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane-Centring technologies help negotiate stop-start traffic. Predictive curve light and Sign-based light help drivers see more clearly
- First Head-up display for a Ford model in Europe delivers greater confidence at the wheel. Active Park Assist 2 enables fully automated parking manoeuvres at the push of a button
- Standard selectable Drive Modes, 20 per cent torsional rigidity improvement and isolated independent rear suspension offering Continuously Controlled Damping – a first for Focus – keep it at the top of the class for driving dynamics and improve comfort
- All-new Focus introduces FordPass Connect embedded modem for connectivity on the move, Wireless charging pad, SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen, and B&O PLAY audio
- Advanced EcoBoost petrol and EcoBlue diesel engines supported by new eight-speed automatic transmission, offering a 10 per cent fuel-efficiency improvement across the range...
Ford today delivered the global public debut of the all-new Ford Focus, the most accomplished and technically-competent Focus ever.
Following closer collaboration with customers than ever before, the all-new Focus has been developed from the ground up to provide the most confidence-inspiring, intuitive, and rewarding driving and occupant experience of any mid-size family car in Europe.
Focus introduces a new human-centric design philosophy that fuses emotional exterior styling with class-leading aerodynamics; and delivers an interior offering more space combined with high quality materials and craftsmanship.
The most sophisticated range of Ford driver assistance technologies ever offered to Ford customers is seamlessly integrated to enable an intuitive, stress-reducing and refined driving experience. Advanced technologies include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) now enhanced with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane-Centring for effortlessly negotiating stop-start traffic
- Ford’s Adaptive Front Lighting System with new camera-based Predictive curve light and Sign-based light that pre-adjust headlamp patterns for improved visibility by monitoring bends in the road and – for the first time in the industry – road signs
- Active Park Assist 2 that now also operates gear selection, acceleration and braking to enable fully-automated manoeuvres at the push of a button
- Ford’s first Head-up display (HUD) to be offered in Europe, helping drivers focus their attention on the road ahead
- Evasive Steering Assist, a segment-first technology that helps drivers steer around stopped or slower vehicles to help avoid collisions
The all-new Focus remains true to the nameplate’s 20-year legacy of class-leading driving dynamics, further enhanced with the first Focus-application of Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) technology for the independent front and rear suspension systems; new Drive Modes; an isolated rear subframe for greater refinement; and Ford-patented spring technology.
The occupant experience is enhanced with comfort and convenience features including FordPass Connect embedded modem for connectivity on the move and a new Wireless charging pad for compatible smartphone devices.
Powertrain options include a further optimised version of Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost and new 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, both enhanced with Ford’s industry-first cylinder deactivation application for three-cylinder engines. New 1.5-litre EcoBlue and 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engines deliver ultimate fuel-efficiency, and a new intelligent eight-speed automatic transmission adapts shift patterns to driving style, and is controlled using a stylish and ergonomic Rotary Gear Shift Dial.
“Our all-new Ford Focus is the pinnacle of technology and driving appeal in its segment,” ^ said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. “The chance to build a completely new car from a fresh piece of paper does not come around often. We grabbed it with both hands, to develop the best mid-size family car that money can buy.”
Unveiled in five-door hatchback, wagon and in selected markets four-door body styles, the most comprehensive Focus line-up ever is offered with exclusive personalities to complement the broadest spectrum of mid-sized car customer aspirations, including the stylish Focus Trend and Titanium, sporty Focus ST-Line, upscale Focus Vignale and the first Focus Active crossover.
The all-new Focus is the first vehicle globally to be based on Ford’s new C2 platform designed to enhance crash performance; deliver more interior space for Ford’s mid-size models without negatively impacting exterior dimensions; and support improved aerodynamics for better fuel-efficiency. Best-ever craftsmanship and quality is delivered following a €600 million investment at Ford’s Saarlouis assembly facility, Germany.
Ford has sold almost seven million Focus cars in Europe* and more than 16 million around the world since the game-changing first generation Focus was introduced in 1998.
“Focus has been our heartland in Europe for two decades. Leading the pack for design, technology and driving fun, it encapsulates everything our customers love about Ford,” said Steven Armstrong, group vice president and president, Europe Middle East and Africa, Ford Motor Company. “With mid-size family cars accounting for almost one-in-five sales across Europe last year, Focus remains as important as ever to our company and our customers, which is why we've put so much energy into developing an all-new model that is among the very best cars we've ever produced.”More News