Citroen Launches Seetroen
Related manufacturers:After-Market, Citroen, Events, Executive , Family , Parts & Accessories, Prestige, Promotions, Safety, Special Offers, Specialist Services, Technology
- Over 30 million people in Europe suffer from chronic travel sickness...
- In response, Citroën – the brand dedicated to comfort – has created SEETROËN, the first glasses to eliminate motion sickness.
- The principle of the SEETROËN glasses is simple – they contain a coloured liquid that recreates the horizon line to resolve conflict between the senses.
Citroën has launched the world’s first glasses that stop motion sickness in adults and children over the age of ten. The SEETROËN glasses provide a solution for the widespread problem (also known as Kinetosis) that affects over 30 million people. One in three people experience travel sickness symptoms at least once in their life.
SEETROËN glasses are available now – just in time for the Christmas and New Year family holidays – via the Citroën Lifestyle Boutique at a price of €99 (www.lifestyle.citroen.com).
Initially developed for sailors, Citroën has adapted the technology so that it can be used on any means of transport.
- SEETROËN glasses were developed by Boarding Ring, a start-up company based in Var, south of France. The Boarding Ring™ technology is a patented and tested paramedical solution that has an effectiveness rating of 95%.
- The rings that surround the eyes both along the frontal axis (right / left) and sagittal axis (front / back), feature a coloured moving liquid. The liquid simulates the horizon and resolves the conflict between the senses that causes the sickness.
- The white soft-touch plastic glasses were designed by 5.5, a collective design studio based in Paris, to reflect Citroën’s fresh, simple and ergonomic style.
So how do they work exactly?
- As soon as initial symptoms of motion sickness are experienced, the glasses should be worn.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, the glasses will allow the mind to resynchronise with the movement perceived by the inner ear while the eyes are focused on an immobile object such as a smartphone or a book.
- The glasses can then be removed for the remainder of the journey.
SEETROËN glasses can only be used by adults and children aged ten or over, as this is when the inner ear has finished growing. There are no lenses in the glasses so they can be shared with travelling companions. This also enables them to be worn over prescription glasses.
The glasses are now available to order from the UK on the Citroën Lifestyle Boutique at a price of €99 (www.lifestyle.citroen.com).More News